Pavement View Video System
The Pavement View Video System captures geo-referenced pavement surface videos. This system is normally used to obtain road condition information / database. The videos from this system are often processed with BETQ software products such as SemiDistress, AutoDistress, AutoPotholes, AutoCracks and / or AutoPatches where the size, number and extent of each visible pavement distresses are automatically or semiautomatically measured and reported in a suitable pavement condition inspection / rating form.
Asset View Video System
The Asset View Video System captures right of way (street view) geo-referenced videos. This system is normally used to obtain road asset and inventory information / database. The videos from this system are often processed with software products like SemiAsset where the name, size and number of each visible assets / events are semi-automatically measured and reported in a suitable road inventory inspection / entry form.
Features of PARSS
- A low-cost, portable and easy to use tool for road / highway professionals
- A better choice for lowvolume, rural / PMGSY roads / highways where dedicated road survey vehicles are very expensive and / or impossible to use
- Compared to manual inspection method, PARSS is more objective, speedy and accurate, gives a powerful and effective data collection and visualization whenever / wherever required
- PARSS is easy to use and cost-effective, can be used where heavy, complex and expensive survey vehicles are impossible to use
- Surveys a road network with a smart phone, webcam / camera
- Does not need distance measuring instruments, specific vehicles, expensive spare parts and expert knowledge
- Records road video in time mode, vehicle needs to ply at a constant speed to minimize overlapping frames / regions.
- Outputs useful data / information such as distress area, number of occurrence and extent for every 1m, 2m, 5m, 50m, 100m, 200m or 1000m of chainage / road sections length.
- Data can be viewed, mapped or integrated on a GIS based platform