Trafitek’s ANPR system automatically captures moving images and parked vehicles, converts them into alphanumeric characters, compares the obtained plate numbers with one or more databases of vehicles of interest to law enforcement and other agencies. It does all these within seconds enabling swift action when a vehicle of interest is spotted.
• Fast and accurate recognition to enable swift action by authorities
• High speed recording and processing to ensure maximum vehicles are recognised
• Identification of country of origin builds international co-operation
• The system uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software that accurately converts the captured images in to alphanumeric characters
• A properly set up ANPR system recognises more than 90% of vehicles. Capable of recording high speed vehicles on motorways without significant loss, the system is capable of handling heavy traffic volumes with observed 2300 vehicles per hour.
• There are both off-line and on-line versions of the system.
• The camera feed needs to be manually connected to a server with ANPR software running on it to process the images
• The number plate string is saved in conjunction with a time stamp and the ambiance image of the colour-camera to a database. The string thus identified is then compared with database of vehicle numbers and the matched result is presented to the user.