Five of the the US’s prestigious and innovative transportation organizations – AAA, General Motors, the Michigan Mobility Transformation Center, New York City Department of Transportation and Parkmobile – have joined the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) Leadership Circle.
“These companies and organizations represent the very best in transportation innovation and ingenuity”, Thomas E Kern, ITS America’s interim president said.
The Leadership Circle brings together transportation and technology visionaries from the public, private and academic sectors as thought leaders on behalf of ITS America and the broader transportation community. Together, the Leadership Circle develops strategic approaches to improve the nation’s transportation systems through innovative intelligent transportation solutions. The Circle recently released A Road Map for 2015, outlining six key priorities:
- Evolving Opportunities in Transportation through Big Data Analytics
- Promote the Safe, Efficient, & Smart Movement of Goods
- Advance Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) Communication Technology Deployment
- Smart Use of Assets and Capacity: Utilize Existing Technologies and Infrastructure
- Elevate our Impact: Outreach at the Federal, State, and Local Levels
- Emerging Vehicle Solutions: Connected, Autonomous, and Electric Vehicles