At warehouse, loading dock is the place where inventory is brought in and products are shipped out. There is continuous arrival and departure of trucks/ containers at each loading dock at warehouse. This traffic at each loading dock needs to be operated safely and efficiently by warehouse operation teams.
There had been multiple cases at warehouse where trucks collided with loading dock shutter gate while reverse parking truck at loading dock causing damage to warehouse infrastructure.
And existing systems using ultrasonic sensor, or radar, or loop sensor have subsequently failed to accurately detect only vehicles and ignore other objects or general human movements near the dock.
There is one more concern of warehouse operators that we addressed for not having accurate real-time occupancy data of loading docks which created mismanagement and wastage of time and fuel in keeping trucks waiting in queue till their turn.
1.Not knowing real time data of which loading dock is vacant and which one is occupied
2.Heavy trucks collide with shutter gate on dock wall and damaging the infrastructure while parking at loading dock
Spotbot TLD- Vehicle Detection Sensor for Truck Loading Dock
Magnetometer sensor based system for vehicle detection at truck loading docks in warehouse
About Spotbot TLD:
This magnetometer based sensor detects the presence of small or large shipping truck standing or approaching in its proximity of 1 to 3 ft while ignoring human movements near to it. Designed and manufactured in India
- Very easy installation by screw fitting it as On-ground surface mount or Wall mount
- Withstanding change in weather and ambient environment with its robust enclosure and accurate operation
- Can be connected to driving circuits of automatic gate, bright LED light, or hooter/buzzer
- Electromagnetic detection technology
- Omnidirectional vehicle detection
- Sensing Distance: 1 to 3ft (for wall mount type), 4 to 6ft (for on-ground surface mount type)
- Sensor Calibration: Required once after installation
- (Sensor calibration done via IoTSpotbotApp available for android) Click here to download.
- More than 99% detection accuracy
- Supply Voltage: 230V AC
- Power Consumption: Max upto200mA
- Output: Relay output 5V DC (N.O.) (Duration of buzzer ring/flasher after detection can be set using app)
- Enclosure material: ABS
- Environmental rating: IP65 compliant
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to 80°C
- Mechanical Dimensions: Size-Ø 170mm, Height 40mm
- Weight: 0.5Kg, Color: Black
- Certification: CE
- Accessories: M3 screw and Nylon spacers x3, Wire and connectors, Installation Guide
- Outdoor use- It’s accuracy is not affected by rain or strong wind. Robust enclosure.
- App based sensor calibration- Sensor quickly adapts to site conditions, and sets the sensing distance according to sensitivity selected via app while one time calibration
- No human movements detected- Sensor ignores the human movements, and only detects vehicles
- Techprom IoT’s Spotbot TLD at truck loading docks of warehouse offer efficient solution for damage control and save overhead costs.